Saturday, December 6, 2014

No Man's Sky - Portal

I just wanted to share this trailer, entitled Portal, for Hello Games' upcoming game No Man's Sky, a game you've undoubtedly heard a lot about if you pay attention to gaming news.  If you haven't, check it out at their website.  To summarize, No Man's Sky is a space exploration game with a nearly infinite universe to explore, all generated procedurally in real time.


I'm very excited about this game, the potential to explore is awesome.  I'm curious to see people's reactions when they get some time to explore.  I enjoy the aesthetics of the game in theory, but all of these bright dramatic colors seem a bit much from the trailer.  I can imagine after hours of gameplay how this could be a bit overwhelming.

I'm also curious if there is any semblance of scripting or story involved.  The idea of a procedurally generated universe is interesting, but I'm wondering how it will be exploring at will with no real purpose.  Also I'm concerned that I haven't seen any NPC humans in these trailers.  Makes it feel kind of empty.  I don't like being all alone in a game.  I suppose we'll have to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment